What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Having a website is a must to promote the business nowadays. But just creating a website and not attending to its improvements is as good as not having a website. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one such technique that allows website owners to improve or optimize the website often to increase its reach in the world of the internet which has a huge number of competitors.
Primarily, SEO helps in increasing the ranking of the website by various factors such as usage and modifications of the keywords, making the website more mobile-friendly, keeping a track of the number of visitors and the time spent on the website and also suggestions to improve the online visibility. The potentiality of SEO should not be ignored since it plays a big role in maintaining the popularity of your website in the presence of competitors at each level of the virtual world.
Why Is SEO Important for Orthodontists?
Those were the days when maintaining a phone book was on the priority list to find a good orthodontist nearby by looking into available options in your locality. With the changing scenario where the virtual world has taken over businesses all over the world, many orthodontists are available in the online listings and searching it online makes life so much easier since the data provided online is locality specific too.
So if you are an orthodontist wondering that even on having specialization and experience in orthodontics and also creating a webpage but still not able to pull the crows towards your dental practice then you should know that you are missing a major marketing strategy known as SEO without which your website and social media pages cannot survive in this competitive world.
It is a known fact that orthodontists rely on SERPs to ensure that the patients searching for them should be able to find the dental clinic name in top search engines. Website optimization ensures bringing your dental location to the search results since most of the patients want a reliable specialist who is also nearby to their residence.
By making maximum use of SEO techniques it is easy to drive organic traffic and more visibility of the dental website.
So to begin with this huge internet world, let us know why SEO is important for you as an orthodontist:
- When people have tooth issues, the first thing they would do is look for an orthodontist through Google. Since this search engine is commonly used the website needs to be searchable on Google.
- SEO techniques are very cost-effective and work as well as paid advertising.
- More leads can be received since the optimization techniques improve the visibility of the website.
- Strategies of SEO are long-lasting and the results delivered will remain for a longer-term increasing your website visibility.
- More credibility online is equal to more trust gained by the patients to approach you for orthodontics treatment. SEO delivers that required credibility to your prospective patients.
How to Find Your SEO Ranking?
So now you know how important SEO optimization is. The next step is to know how to check your SEO ranking to make the required optimization:
Open Google and type a keyword relevant to your specialization of dental practice.
In the organic results that come up check for your place in the ranking.
Now have a look at some of the competitors’ websites. Look for the titles, keywords and Meta titles that are used by them to stay in the race.
On analyzing your ranking and the factors of the competitors’ websites, use an efficient tool such as Google Analytics to get more suggestions on keywords, backlinks and other parameters that are required for improvising the website for better rankings.
Effective SEO Tips for Orthodontists
Along with the usage of optimizing tools, here are some of the tips that will be beneficial to have increased visibility online:
- The usage of E-mail can be highly beneficial to connect with your subscribers by sending them engaging content and value-based information about orthodontics that keeps them updated about the latest information.
- An Optimized User-friendly website attracts more users to the website. Optimizing with the best content, compelling visuals and easy navigating website interests the users to go ahead with information research and also book an appointment with the dental practice.
- Updating Google My Business (GMB) page with the updated location, timings, proper address and directions and most importantly getting your dental business verified online since it holds more weightage for the trust factor.
- Regular keyword update with Google search is very important to keep the website ranking at the higher range. Along with Google, other keyword tools are also very beneficial to know the recent changes and expectations to be in the race with the competitors.
- Collecting positive reviews from Google about your website and posting it on the first page of the website creates more visibility to the patients about the popularity of your dental practice and build a level of trust required for them to approach the dental clinic.
- Being active on social media platforms is very much a necessity for the marketing of orthodontists since more people are on their phones looking into various apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
Thinking out of the box plays an important role in endorsing the orthodontics practice and making a content base that is funny and also informative with the SEO tactics increases your online presence and also brings more clientele to the dental clinic.